It has been since 2pm yesterday afternoon that Grant took his bottle. This is getting serious. We're exhausted, and Grant is very worked up and hungry. Please pray.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Unbelievable! He is a determined little fellow! My heart goes out the both of you and as you already know, we are praying! Grab on to some of His peace! Julie Whitmore
I haven't checked your blog in about a week or so, but a few minutes ago you guys came to mind. I am praying for Grant now...that he will take the bottle while awake and be able to relax in the loving arms of his parents. I don't know you guys well at all -- only by name -- but I feel so strongly led to tell you that you're doing a great job! You are loving your child through very difficult circumstances. You are able to make it through this...not on your own, but through the never-ending power of God. He loves Grant so much -- even more than you! May God reach down and change the neurons in Grant's brain that cause him to associate pain with feeding. Lord, please give Grant peace.
Just a crazy thought... Could you try giving him a cup? There are some sippy cups that have incredibly soft tops and you could take out the part that keeps it from spilling-that way he doesn't even need to suck. Or if he really doesn't want anything in his mouth maybe just tilt a small cup to his mouth with formula in it. Once I was really desperate to get food in one of my kids I used a baby Tylenol dropper and squeezed in one dropper at a time. Like I said, just a crazy thought. love you and praying like crazy for you. eva
3 comments:
Unbelievable! He is a determined little fellow! My heart goes out the both of you and as you already know, we are praying!
Grab on to some of His peace!
Julie Whitmore
I haven't checked your blog in about a week or so, but a few minutes ago you guys came to mind. I am praying for Grant now...that he will take the bottle while awake and be able to relax in the loving arms of his parents. I don't know you guys well at all -- only by name -- but I feel so strongly led to tell you that you're doing a great job! You are loving your child through very difficult circumstances. You are able to make it through this...not on your own, but through the never-ending power of God. He loves Grant so much -- even more than you! May God reach down and change the neurons in Grant's brain that cause him to associate pain with feeding. Lord, please give Grant peace.
Just a crazy thought...
Could you try giving him a cup? There are some sippy cups that have incredibly soft tops and you could take out the part that keeps it from spilling-that way he doesn't even need to suck. Or if he really doesn't want anything in his mouth maybe just tilt a small cup to his mouth with formula in it. Once I was really desperate to get food in one of my kids I used a baby Tylenol dropper and squeezed in one dropper at a time. Like I said, just a crazy thought. love you and praying like crazy for you.
eva
Post a Comment