Monday, August 31, 2009

Close Call

We've had a couple of close calls lately. Last night Derme found Kate in her crib with her stretchy blanket wrapped around her neck and over her face. Thankfully, Kate didn't seem to mind and was breathing fine, but we did take the blanket away.

This morning I was at the park with Grant and he was climbing up this 6-7ft "corkscrew" thing when his foot slipped. He was right at the top so it was quite a fall. He landed on his back and sort of bounced back on to his head. I think it knocked the wind out of him but that was it. What a miracle. When we got in the car I called Jim and told him the story. At some point in our conversation I said, "thank you, Jesus." Grant heard me and asked, "mom, are you on the phone?" I nodded. "Can I talk to Jesus?" :)

3 comments:

mom of six said...

They have angels ALL around them! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I do check on you guys quite a bit. I've been so busy getting my oldest son ready to go to Brazil for two years, plus all the other drama that comes with having six kids! You guys continue to be in my prayers!
Love, the Caldwell Crew

Jesse Wilson said...

"Can I talk to Jesus?" That's awesome. I love that kid. I wonder what he would have said if you had handed him on the phone...?

Kathy said...

It is a miracle any of us lived to adulthood. God is good.
Great story about Jesus on the phone. Grant doesn't miss a detail. Precious.