Thursday, January 18, 2007

We're home!

We just arrived home with Grant and I thought I'd update you while grandma gives Grant his bottle. Grant is stable, but there is concern about an underlying problem. The fact that the veins are more constricted since surgery and the extra vein is unexplainable has caused the doctors to schedule a heart cath for January 31 at 11am. They are concerned enough to try to get to the bottom of this.

But, Grant is getting closer and closer to being back to his normal self. So, our hope is that it was just a virus and the surgery did in fact fix everything.

Prayer Requests:
1. Peace for us in caring for Grant at home after such a scare
2. That if there is still a problem with Grant's heart/veins, God would do a miracle and the cath would show it
3. Healing for Grant's lungs

Thanks for your prayer support through this. We believe it is what got us out of the hospital so fast!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

Still praying for you all.... He's a fighter, just hold on tight.... Grant will come through this.... and so will you..... been there, done that!

Anonymous said...

Persevere dear ones....The battle belongs to the Lord!
We will specifically pray for your requests...700 Club is 1-800-759-0700 when you need to pray with someone and Jim is not home or Shannon is sleeping...of course, when two or more are gathered in HIS NAME...are we not blessed?!
Two thoughts...one ...my next door neighbor had a perfectly fine baby boy, who threw up..after nursing, after a bottle....ALL the time...projectile...and grew like a weed....Second thought...Shannon, even if you do not have milk...have you tried to see if he might nurse...maybe its not possible with his feeding tube and oxygen...but maybe it is...Grant could not have better parents...He is blessed...this is truly only a season...Hang tough! Tickle each other, tell a Knock Knock Joke...eat chocolate...give each other tons of hugs..ah more chocolate...unless you are still pumping Shannon!
You are young and strong and in the Kingdom of God...You are precious to HIM...Be still and know I am fighting for you.
Love,
The Shaws

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're all home again.

Praying, praying, praying.

love you,
Stef

Anonymous said...

SWEET!

Wads

MG said...

We're praying for you all... hang in there... Brandon and I will be home (MI) this weekend so if you need anything at all... even just a 5 min visit, call me...

Oh yeah... I thought of you when I read this verse:

Revelation 3:5 (The Message)
"Conquerors will march in the victory parade, their names indelible in the Book of Life. I'll lead them up and present them by name to my Father and his Angels."

Keep on conquering...

-MG