That's my boy!--7 days old and he's already doing "sprints." If Grant can get off the ventilator tomorrow completely, then that will signal the successful completion of Phase I and the launch of Phase II of his recovery. Thankfully, the scariest part of this whole experience will then be in our rearview mirror. At his current trajectory, Grant will graduate to Phase II hopefully in the next 24 to 48 hours. Please pray that his lungs would be completely renewed and strengthened.
As we've said before, the battle through Phase I has been for Grant to live; the battle from here on out will be for Grant to live well. This afternoon the nurse estimated that Phase II will involve us moving out of the intensive care unit into a private room down the hall for 1-2 weeks where Grant will heal and strengthen while the medical staff monitors. Shannon and I also need to learn how to care for the little squirt once we get him home (a scary concept, truthfully).
Thank you, thank you for caring for us and praying for Grant all through Phase I. Only 1 or 2 more days left of this leg of the race!
And we thank you in advance for sticking with us and Grant through Phase II--our next 1-2 weeks here at the hospital.
Oh, and another good report--Shannon has slept well the last two nights (insert big sigh of relief here). Thank you again.
16 comments:
Jim / Shannon
Thanks for keeping the updates coming. What a huge answer to prayer and encouragement to you guys and a demonstration to everyone involved of God's continued love and provision for His children. We will continue to pray, let us know if you want to get out of the hospital for a brief dinner, we'd love to make the drive just to see you guys and pray w/ you.
Blessings,
Will & Jen
We continue to pray for little Grant. Thanks for keeping us updated so that we know how to better pray for you all.
Jessica (Kurt and Ava) Smith
-The Milan Vineyard
Still praying for the "Proclaimer." :) As with everyone else, thanks for the updates. Love you guys.
Mike
oh i will pray for him. My friend andrea who used to go to your church sent an email to pray for him and that I will.
I'm so happy that Grant is doing so well. I'm so happy for you both. You're such strong and brave parents.
We love you both. You're in our thoughts. We have all of our friends and family sending any kind of positive energy to Grant too!
awesome... thanks so much for sharing. go Grant!
We love you guys, and are on our knees in prayer for you. We love that Grant is your little "proclaimer!" God bless you both for being so transparent in this journey. God will be glorified through our trials...Amen!! Praise God for your faithfulness and perseverance!! Please let us know if ou need anything at all during Phase II and beyond.
Love,
Greg and Michelle Zonca
Hi there Maxine has been keeping us updated but just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. With love Fiona, Simon, Nick and Ben. England
I'm so glad you keep getting good news, and glad to hear that Shannon is sleeping better.
Continuing to pray for all of you.
Love you guys,
Stef
thank GOD for sleep for shannon! yay. i am so confident that God will continue to heal Grant, and that he will be able to live well! you guys will be GREAT at taking care of him, already he is so loved and cared for - and don't worry you will have lots of help and support!
Dear Ron & Sharon, what wonderful news and JOY to see what God is doing! May His healing blood continue to heal Grant and lift each of you as you minister faith to one another and the medical staff.
There is no better expression of God's LOVE for each of us, than Psalm 139! May He continue to strengthen each you. Blessings!
Diane & John Peters
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Let Phase II begin!
Love, Kathy R.
Jim and Shannon,
I can't wait to connect with you guys after this is behind you to unpack the love that God's been pouring all over you. I'll keep little G-Unit in my prayers.
Godspeed,
Randy "Waddy"
Niedzinski Family,
Your gift of dedication & strength has been inherited by your son. You are in my prayers.
Suzette
Shannon and Jim,
We're pulling for baby Grant and have been sending prayer your way! God has been so faithful thus far and I praise Him for the good reports you give us daily. Thank you for being such a mighty example of strength to me and others during this difficult time. I'm blown away by your blog site...it's simply beautiful. I can't say enough of how you've encouraged me in my own faith and in my own struggles through your testimony. Thank you! We will continue to lift you and Grant up!
love and blessings, Shelley and Randy VonAllmen
Hooray for Phase 1 being almost over! Grant is such a strong little fighter, and I'm so glad that God answers prayers! I'm really glad that Shannon is sleeping well. If you get a chance, can you post his stats: birth weight, length, etc? Thanks. Continued thoughts and prayers of course! LOVE, Erika Rory Tiger Allegra Dustin
Post a Comment