We're doing fine and sure are thankful to be heading in the right direction.
Yet in many ways, this stage of the journey is the hardest yet. All the medical care we have to give Grant takes more time and energy than just the regular new parent stuff. Add the two together and we haven't slept much, that is for sure. But, Grant is doing fairly well.
One big item in Grant's recovery is an increased calorie diet. However, Grant has not been feeding well since we arrived home so we are wrestling with all the variables trying to get it to work. Please pray that Grant would begin to eat more and to digest it well.
Thanks again for everything. Godspeed in 2007!
4 comments:
Happy new year, Niedzinskis!
Know that I continue praying for all of you.
much love,
Stef
Your story has been such an encouragement to us. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. We can be there in a moments notice for whatever you need.
Jim & Shannon & Grant-
Oh! Bless your hearts. God strengthen you, provide for you, help you, send you helpers who will be there for you, however briefly- to clean a bathroom, empty the trash, load the dishwasher, shop, do a load of laundry, wipe a countertop or dust the furniture, bring by a meal or portion thereof, sit with/hold Grant so you can take a bath or go to the bathroom, or send you out of the house together for 2 hours while your wonderful son is safe in another's care.
I pray that your friends will be creatively responsive to any 'prompt' they might get to come to your aide - in whatever ways they can imagine - that they won't wait for you to 'let them know' what you need, since I suspect you have no idea what you need at this point.
God bless you. My heart aches to be less needy myself so I could jump in there and be part of the support team. But, God knows. He provides. I'm trusting Him for you, that he will meet your every need and that the people he has put in your life will courageously, kindly, lovingly, continuously keep on coming through for you, one day at a time.
BLess you. Love, Joan OC
Dear Shannon and Jim,
I have been waking up alot at night since you have been home and your family immediately comes to mind and I pray for Grant and his mom and dad.
I hope that you feel everyone's prayers.
I trust that Grant is eating better and gaining those extra calories he needs for healing and growth. I trust that his reliance on his O2 is decreasing. I trust that his mom and dad are getting some rest and taking advantage of all your wonderful family and friends willingness to do whatever you all need.
I know that you and Jim are falling totally in love with this amazing miracle of yours and know that he is loved by so many others as well. God is working miracles in Grant, in you both, and in all the people whose lives little Grant has touched. To God be the Glory! Great things He has done! and many more blessings to come!
Kathy
Post a Comment