The lead surgeon for Grant, Dr. Devaney (a splendid chap, I must say), reported they've decided that Grant is ready to have his chest closed up. This is a big win for the little feller. They are going to do it sometime on Thursday.
He is still in the 7-9 range, but much more solidly toward the 7. Tomorrow will be a big step toward moving to the next phase where to battle isn't life and death. So please pray that he remains stable during the procedure and that he continues to get stronger.
Correction to the last update: EKMO is actually ECMO (eh, sounds the same, you know?). Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) is a form of long-term heart-lung bypass used to treat infants, children, and adults in cardiac and/or respiratory failure despite maximal medical therapy.
17 comments:
Great to hear things are moving in the right direction...we will continue to pray that all is well, and there is steady improvement...
We are so glad to hear that baby Grant is improving. We have been praying for him and have also told both our parents (who are also praying for him). The Psalm 118 comment is very revealing. God's hand is definitely at work. Please let us know how/if we can help in any way.
We just got your e-mail and read the postings. We just got on our knees with the Word and started praying. We are definitely lifting you guys up and asking for a go ahead tomorrow with the surgery. We love you guys and are behind you and Grant all the way.
Just received your email today. We can't stop thinking and talking about all of you. Its great to see the improvements and we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Yeah God! Yeah Grant! Yeah Jim & Shannon! Sounds like things are moving in a very positive direction. I KNOW that God is working in this situation. He has a much greater plan for little Grant's life than any of us can imagine. I don't think it was a mistake that you heard Psalm 118 Jim. I'm praying for your sleep Shannon. xoxo
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Grant, Shannon & Jim.
The Dietz Family
Praise God!
Continuing to pray and can't wait to meet the little fighter!!
Much love from the Nielsens
Hi There! I am a client of Ryans. My twin sons spent 8 months at UM in the NICU. You are in the best place possible!! The nurses are angels on earth! I know how hard it is seeing your child in such a compromising position. It is so heartbreaking. I love how you have some much faith and hope! Little Grant has amazing parents! I promise, this will pass! It seems like an eternity when you are going through it! Keep up your blog too! It's such a source of inspiraiton! People will send lots of positive energy and prayers your way...even complete strangers like me! :) I will pray for your little fighter!
Fondly, Danielle
kevinanddanielle.blogspot.com
A step in the right direction... when I went to bed last night you were all in my thoughts. The time difference is especially difficult at this time because I know that while I'm sleeping you will be posting. It is a very wet and grey morning here in the UK and Grant's progress has lifted the darkness. You continue to be in our waking thoughts.With much love xxx
God be with the surgeons today, guide their hands, give them wisdom in each and every decision. Protect Grant with an embracing blanket of your protection. We love you and are praying...
grant -you are so precious and adorable. i am so glad i got to see your little sleepy smile, your blowing little bubbles, and trying to open your sweet little eyes. i love love love love love you and your mom and dad and will be praying so much for your full recovery. i know you are such a little fighter and we are all so proud of you, you little sweetheart. love amy
Shannon, Jim, and Baby Grant,
I'm glad to hear that Grant is getting better. You have put up one great fight (Shannon especially you). May God grant you the strength that you need to finish the fight. I hope surgery goes great today. Baby Grant is going to be the strongest, cutest, little boy ever (just like his parents). I told Angelece about baby Grant and she has been praying for him with me (even though she doesn't quite understand everything). As hard as it may be to close your eyes right now, please try to get some sleep!
May God be with all of you,(Especially Grant)
Heather
Shannon, Jim, and Baby Grant,
I'm glad to hear that Grant is getting better. You have put up one great fight (Shannon especially you). May God grant you the strength that you need to finish the fight. I hope surgery goes great today. Baby Grant is going to be the strongest, cutest, little boy ever (just like his parents). I told Angelece about baby Grant and she has been praying for him with me (even though she doesn't quite understand everything). As hard as it may be to close your eyes right now, please try to get some sleep!
May God be with all of you, (Especially Grant)
Heather
Praise God for answering our prayers! We are continuing to lift up Grant to the Lord. We claimed and proclaimed Psalm 91 for our son Nathan. We ask the Lord that Grant would rest in the shadow of the Almighty as he goes through the surgery today. We will not fear bad news because our hearts are steadfast trusting in our God. The Lord will be with Grant in trouble. He will deliver him and honor him. With long life will He satisfy Grant and show him His salvation. He will cover Grant with his feathers, and under His wings will Grant find refuge. We will not fear the terror of night. No harm will befall Grant and no disaster will come near your tent. For He will command his angels concerning Grant to guard him in all his ways.
Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Dear Jesus, please make Shannon to lie down in green pastures, lead her beside quiet waters and restore her tired and weary soul. Surely goodness, love, and mercy will follow this family all the days of their lives and they will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
We love you guys and will keep praying,
Debbie and Keith Valentine
Hi Shannon and Jim,
We are reading your postings every day, and praying for Grant to make major strides for a quick recovery.
God Bless little Grant, he certainly sounds like a fighter!
Love,
Jeanne & Lou Speer
OK Jim and Shannon,
You've got four more very concerned, very prayerful folks right along side you ( as best we can from 1500 miles away) at this moment. Like the others, we have been consummed in our words and prayers over the last 36 hours. WE pray and continue to pray that the Dr.'s might have wisdom and exercise it well in the Diagnosis and action plans they develop.
Likewise, we pray for the two ofyou, that you will have moments ... rest, and as corny as it sounds some tranquility around all this 'Stuff'.
Finally, we pray for the strength, Resilience and will of Grant over the next few Days, weeks, and months.
We're pulling for you, and I wish I were closer.
Russ
OK Jim and Shannon,
You've got four more very concerned, very prayerful folks right along side you ( as best we can from 1500 miles away) at this moment. Like the others, we have been consummed in our words and prayers over the last 36 hours. WE pray and continue to pray that the Dr.'s might have wisdom and exercise it well in the Diagnosis and action plans they develop.
Likewise, we pray for the two ofyou, that you will have moments ... rest, and as corny as it sounds some tranquility around all this 'Stuff'.
Finally, we pray for the strength, Resilience and will of Grant over the next few Days, weeks, and months.
We're pulling for you, and I wish I were closer.
Russ
Post a Comment