Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fast Facts

Grant has his 15 month check up on Friday, and as I've been thinking about what makes Grant who he is at 15 months, I jotted a few notes down:

# hours of sleep a night: 12-13
# of naps a day: one (1-3 hours)
Favorite breakfast food: eggs
Most frequently spoken words: mama and hot (not used together)
Most frequently signed words: help and cracker
Least favorite times of the day: breathing treatments and diaper changes
Favorite times of the day: morning bottle with mommy (I sing in the rocker while giving Grant a bottle and he either claps or tries to cover my mouth, depending on the day and song. Really.) and evening wrestling with dad
Favorite movie: "Baby Signing Time"
Most likely to throw a fit: when mom is talking on the phone or cooking
Favorite activity: sledding, swinging or playing in the dishwasher
Biggest smile appears: around dogs
Item we can't live without: pacifier attached to his bib
Funny morning routine: Every morning when I go into Grant's room he starts doing the sign for "help." Then he points to all of his stuffed animals that he's thrown from his crib and I have to pick up each one and make the animal noise before putting it back in his crib. If I don't make the noise, he throws it back out and I have to do it again.I get rewarded with a big smile each time I do it correctly. It's worth it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hot mama. hilarious!

Crystal said...

Hey Shannon, it seems like the "throwing a fit" time is universal in all children : ) Mine still act up during every phone call and we call the dinner prep. hour the "bewitching hour". Blessings to you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty normal kid! What a blessing.
Julie W.

Colleen said...

I'm with Ryan - that's hilarious!
-Colleen

Anonymous said...

Shannon and Jim ....I see a book about this....Really Shannon, you "see" what so many of us...see but don't see ...in our children.
and have the most "wonderful" way of letting us see!
15 months...another mile marker...
Love,
Sheila and Rog

Anonymous said...

how much time do you have on your hands?