Sunday, June 03, 2007

Grant's feeding rollarcoaster

When Grant woke up at 3am this morning he was wide awake. I rocked him in the rocker for a while and he just wasn't falling back asleep. So, being tired and just wanting to get him to eat I put the bottle in his mouth. To my surprise he started sucking. It took him awhile because his suck has become weak through lack of practice, but he ate almost the whole thing while staring up at me with his big green eyes. Then he went back to sleep.

I was so excited to try to feed him this morning, thinking maybe he was healed. But, unfortunately, he didn't want his bottle awake and it was a battle to get him to take it asleep. I am already dreading his next feed. I hate this feeling of not wanting to feed Grant because I never know how it is going to turn out. We really need a breakthrough.

4 comments:

amy said...

i am so sorry this is so frustrating - we are praying!!!!

Michelle said...

My heart goes out to you both Shannon. Know that you are a wonderful mom, and your dedication and persistance is remarkable. I know that you feel you are just doing what any mom would do, but you are an amazing example to all the other mom's out there.

We will continue to pray for Grant's desire to eat, and for you to both experience rest and joy in parenting! We love you!

Shannon said...

I know that feeling too well!
It is a good feeling knowing that he can take the bottle while awake though.
Praying for a breakthrough for you guys.
Any word on the feeding clinic?

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you guys and Grant. We are praying that you'll stay positive and count each success as a large VICTORY and also for extra patience and the Lord's perspective when feeding times roll around. Hang in there, you are half way home (only 6 more months of formula, right?)
We love you,
The Jones'