Monday, February 12, 2007
5pm update
So far today Grant has had 55 cc's out of his needed 100. He has also thrown up about 20. He took some by bottle and some by using a medicine dropper, giving him one cc at a time. I just talked to his doctor and he said that he wants to try to keep Grant out of the hospital because of all the viruses going around. So, as long as he's eating something we're going to try to feed him little bits throughout the night to keep him hydrated. The doctor is convinced that if we can just keep him hydrated while his throat heals then he'll be taking his bottle within a few days. We're seeing the doctor at 8am tomorrow morning so he can make sure for himself that Grant is hydrated enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
glad to hear you don't have to go back to the hospital and that your 5 o'clock deadline has passed with success. we will be thinking of you throughout the night while we are up feeding our little guy and will be sure to ask God to abundantly meet your needs at that time.
john and kimberly
So glad to hear you can postpone the hospital trip. That is already a praise! Droppers, bottles...whatever works! I'll pray for you throughout the night too. (Brandon's mom)
Shannon, Jim and Grant, we are praying! I am so sorry he is in so much pain and has been for so long. I am praying for you as you watch your little guy in so much pain, that is so hard. I think that can be the hardest job of parenting. I would rather suffer many ills before I would want to see my kids go through them. you guys are really GREAT parents! Grant is blessed to have you both. Shannon, good job on the tape!! : ) God Bless , and Love, Crystal for the Bridens
Jim and Shannon,
Mike and I will be thinking of you guys tonight as you try the dropper approach for feeding Grant. We are praying, praying, praying for all of you.
Janet
You are not the only ones up all night, so is your God...He'll be right there with you...and we are trusting Grant will be hydrated completely.
Shine Jesus Shine...we give you all the Glory...
Heal Grant....in Jesus Name we pray..
Post a Comment