Please pray that Grant would take his bottle with ease. It's been 2 weeks now that his feeding tube has been out and although Grant's skills have improved, it is still a daily battle. I long to hold my child in my arms, have him look up and me and peacefully suck on his bottle. This seems like such a minor thing, but it would make such a difference in our daily lives, both physically and emotionally.
As I petition this request to God I must also thank him for the wonders He has already done in Grant. I looked up a blog yesterday of a sweet infant we met while in the hospital, who was supposed to go home this week, but she died the other day of an infection. My heart breaks for little Sophia's family. Please pray for them. And thank God with me for healing Grant in all the ways He has already. In the midst of the daily struggle to feed Grant pray that I continue to have a greatful heart.
1 comment:
Dear Shannon, Jim and Baby Grant,
Though ten thousand fall beside me...
We are to look forward....we are to trust in what He is doing in our lives, we are to pray always and everywhere...
We weep for the little one's family who died...we trust HIM for their care and comfort only the Holy Spirit can give...sometimes human beings cannot fulfill a need, only Jesus...
We are believing Grant will be able to master the skill of sucking and will be the biggest eater on the block soon!
What we see is NOT what is...that I do know...and what we do not yet see...is well worth the wait...God is with you...you are HIS children...He did not bring you this far...without purpose...We glorify HIS Name...We have knocked and HIS door will open...with refreshment and blessings...
Love,
Sheila and Rog
Post a Comment