Monday, April 16, 2012

zoo trip


Grant has started school on Fridays at the recommendation of his teacher. Up until now he has been going on Monday and Wednesday mornings with Kate. His Monday/Wednesday class is mostly girls (who like to sit in their seat quietly) but Friday has more boys so she thought Grant would enjoy it. He does like it most days... except for those days when I do things like take Kate to the zoo! How could I have done that last Friday?! I should have remembered that I can only do really girly, boring things so he'd have nothing to be jealous of.

I talked to Kate in the car on the way to pick up Grant about how we probably shouldn't talk about the zoo or Grant would get jealous and his feelings would get hurt. She agreed and was totally tight lipped about it even when Grant asked what we did. (I was not encouraging lying, just diverting the conversation.) I was super impressed with her maturity in the situation. Until, I forgot something in the house, and had to run in for one quick minute. When I came back out Grant was wide eyed and voice shaking asked, "did you really go to the zoo today without me?" Kate, you little stinker!

But, I'd have to say it was worth the wrath of Grant. We went with Lindsay and Oliver and the kids spent much of the morning holding hands- sooo cute! They liked to move at the same pace and obeyed really well so Lindsay and I got to relax and enjoy walking and talking. My favorite part was watching Oliver jump like a kangaroo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is watching Oliver walk like a penguin. Glad you guys had so much fun!
Love, Grandma

Willa Nancy said...

That picture is priceless! Sounds fun...I wish Willa and I could've gone too :)

Willa Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.