Today at the fire station was a special day. They had the U of M Survival Flight Helicopter for kids to see and touch. It was a weird feeling watching it land in front of us. Grant was grinning ear to ear because of the force of the wind. I had tears streaming down my face of pure joy and thanksgiving that I got to spend this moment with my healthy Grant. Grant was able to climb inside the helicopter and see where his isolete was held when he was just a few hours old. I told the Life Flight nurse helping us that Grant was flown in it as a baby. She looked and my bubbly boy and back and me and asked, "him?" I responded with a smile. What a gift from God he is!
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Life Flight part 2
Today at the fire station was a special day. They had the U of M Survival Flight Helicopter for kids to see and touch. It was a weird feeling watching it land in front of us. Grant was grinning ear to ear because of the force of the wind. I had tears streaming down my face of pure joy and thanksgiving that I got to spend this moment with my healthy Grant. Grant was able to climb inside the helicopter and see where his isolete was held when he was just a few hours old. I told the Life Flight nurse helping us that Grant was flown in it as a baby. She looked and my bubbly boy and back and me and asked, "him?" I responded with a smile. What a gift from God he is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen to that!
I'm crying :). What a gift our little Grant is!
Praise God for His hand on Grant and on you and Jim. He has plans for Grant that cannot be thwarted.
What a cool experience for you and your little guy. Grant is such a gift! With all of his energy and good spirits, its easy to forget what a tough beginning he had.
Post a Comment