My kids were amazingly compliant today. Which is a good thing because we got lost in a parking structure. My first mistake was to drive to the local sporting good store that is only 1/4 mile away when we could have easily walked. My second mistake was using a sign next to my car as a landmark, not realizing that most cars had that same sign next to it. Third mistake was paying so much attention to my kids that I didn't look around to see what level we were on. I guess it wouldn't be a mistake to be paying attention to my kids, but it didn't work to our advantage.
When we went back to look for our car we couldn't find it. For a minute I thought it might have been stolen. You know, there is a hot market for minivans right now. All three of us held hands as we marched around and around the parking garage. After about 30 minutes of looking I started to whimper. It was like a pre-cry. Grant heard me and said, "Mom, I know what to do. Look for a speed bump, because we were parked near one." I looked around and saw about 10 speed bumps just within my sight. Sigh. Kate kept talking about how this whole thing was wearing her out, but she never started crying or complaining. Grant just kept giving me suggestions on where to look.
I finally gave up and waved down an innocent looking woman and asked her if she could possibly drive us around the structure to look for our car. Thankfully she did. No, it wasn't stolen. What a way to pass the morning. Oh, did I mention there were groceries in my car? Mistake number 4.
1 comment:
Shannon, you are hysterically funny. Ever consider writing a blog?!?
Oh wait, you do!!! ;-)
You always see the sunny side in everything and have two cutie pies to help you!
Post a Comment