Tuesday, January 04, 2011
No Scope!
I called today and officially canceled Grant's scope and biopsy on Monday! So much has happened in the last 3 weeks since we scheduled it. After talking with others we decided to try a food elimination diet with Grant to see if that would have any impact on his "hot tummy." The first group that I cut out was dairy because he already hates milk so I thought it would be easiest. Within one day he stopped complaining about his tummy. Prior to this I don't think he went a single day without complaining. We tried to add cottage cheese to his pancake mix on Sunday and by afternoon he was in pain. Our suspicions were confirmed. So, we're going to keep him away from all dairy for now. I made an appointment for food allergy testing in February (first appt I could get). But, for now we are praising God for a (relatively) easy fix. Grant is being a great sport about giving up his chocolate chip cookies but I suspect it is because he doesn't have to drink the milk that goes with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAY...Praising God, and praying this is the answer for our special little guy! I speak against this 'hot tummy' he complains about, and command it to leave his body in Jesus' Mighty Name! AMEN.
awesome news, Shannon! Ryan is dairy-free and I just bought a great cookbook and there are dairy-free baking books on amazon--he can still have cookies :) It was a little tough to decide which cookbooks to invest in, but I picked one with the best reviews. I will let you know how it goes.
I haven't looked at your blog in such a long time. Glad to see that Dairy free is working out. He does NOT need to give up chocolate chip cookies though :) I have a gagillion recipes and tricks for you. Super easy.
--Stephanie
Post a Comment