Thursday, November 19, 2009

Biter

Kate is starting to get a very strong personality. She is not quite as laid back as she used to be. The other day Grant had a broom that she wanted so she went up to him and bit him really hard in the arm. (This has continued to happen several times since- we're working on it!) Grant became hysterical but when I finally got him to calm down he asked me, "Mom, why did Kate bite me?" I said, "I think she wanted your broom." He answered, "No, I think she thought I was her food."

Grant started a basketball league for 3 year olds last night. He's the only 3 year old in the class who can't dribble. Do parents of 3 year olds really teach their kids to dribble a basketball? Jim felt like a failure of a dad (not really) so they are going to work on it this weekend. Gosh, this whole sports competition thing starts young. I swore I'd never be a part of it and I only signed Grant up for it so he'd get some exercise. But, now I feel like I'm being sucked in. The weirdest part is that there was a group of moms on the sideline who brought juice boxes and snacks for all the kids as they came off the court. I remember that happening after tennis matches in high school, but a 30 minute 3 year old basketball practice?! It was a nice gesture but the whole thing weirded me out. But, I'm sure we'll go back next week.

2 comments:

Phil Lozen said...

Holy cow. Jack doesn't know how to dribble either. Time to get some road work in. We're up tomorrow at 6 a.m. to drink some eggs and get to it! Eye of the Tiger playing in the background the whole time.

Anonymous said...

Real Housewives of Oakland County