Monday, March 23, 2009

Funny Grant Phrases

Two year olds say the funniest things. Last night a good friend came over to babysit Grant. When she tucked Grant in at night he yelled, "Peggy, call me!"

This weekend Grant and I were doing an art project, which consisted of cutting faces out of magazines and gluing them on paper. Grant kept wanting to stick his finger in the gluestick tube and mush it up. Although he is only two I told him that this wrecks the glue stick and I asked him please not to. To which he replied, "grandma said it's okay." (I'm positive he and grandma have never used glusticks together..)

The other day I gave Grant his lunch and said to him, "Grant, what do you say?" Without so much as a smile he replied, "donkie." (This is how you say thank you in Afrikaans, which is Derme's native language.) When we were at the pool in Florida someone asked him when his birthday was and he told the man in Afrikkans! He hears Derme speak it and has just started incorporating it into his vocabulary. Pretty cool.

No comments: