Sunday, February 17, 2008

Old McDonald's Farm

Grant is having a great week in The Villages with Grandma and Grandpa Nied. He loves to ride in their golf cart into town and look for dogs to wave at while riding around in his stroller. Yesterday he visited Old McDonald's farm. He loved feeding the straw to the cows and did't even try to eat it. However, he did keep trying to eat the chicken feed after he was repeatedly told not to. He learned to answer when asked, "what does the chicken say?" So, now he can tell us on command what the monkey, cow and chicken say.

He'll be heading home tonight with more bumps, bruises and scrapes than he's ever had in his life. I think that kind of thing happens when dads are in charge. :) We're so thankful for such an amazing 10 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having soo much fun! It makes me wish that I were there too! My kids have never experienced the beach or ocean, living here in Texas. I'm glad that Grant is doing well. I hope that you are feeling well.
Love, the Caldwell Crew

Anonymous said...

yes... it seems like every time andrea leaves evan and i alone, there's blood... sledding at your place - case in point.

Anonymous said...

what does a monkey sound like??